Creating Luxurious Soft Furnishings
A heritage of craftsmanship
For over 70 years our family business has designed and made the highest quality soft furnishings for private clients around the world. An essential part of every luxury home, all our soft furniture pieces such as lounge chairs, sofas, ottomans and bar stools are made bespoke and by hand in our English workshop.
Whether a design from our collection of over 100 soft furniture items, or a wholly bespoke commission, our design team work with clients to create perfect pieces that accentuate there interior design vision and live up to the very highest expectations of comfort and quality.
Here’s how we do it:
- Each item, whether a sofa, armchair or chaise starts life on the drawing board. Once proportions and key dimensions, such as the seat depth or the foot bar height on a counter stool, are confirmed the frame is manufactured in solid timber.
- For pieces with exposed timber the wood receives a number of coats of paint or lacquer depending on the style before being upholstered.
- Springs, strappings or traditional woven webbing are then fixed in place before the filling is applied.
- Depending on our client’s requirements as to the feel of the seat high density foam or fibre quilt may be used for a more ‘bouncy’ seat, while deep pile feather is used to achieve a deeper snuggly fit. Often a combination of both will be used to achieve the desired result.
- Finally the fire treated fabric is wrapped and stitch over the construction and any piping or decorative finishes are applied before being protected and delivered to our client.
If you’d like to understand more about how me make or soft furnishings or browse our collection don’t hesitate to get in touch.